Here are some examples:
"Integration Test" / "Integrated Test" - is there a difference?
- I have tested Thing 1 and Thing 2 in isolation; now test that they work together.
- A test for Thing 1, but Thing 2 is along for the ride.
- I test the entire system, end to end.
- Any test written by developers
- A test that talks to the code directly (any size of "unit")
- A test of a small portion of the code
- A test of a single class, in isolation
- A test of a single, tiny behavior
- A practice where developers write automated tests
- Tests get written before code
- We look to tests for feedback on our code design
- I follow a RED/GREEN/REFACTOR workflow
- I test my business rules by manipulating the UI
- I test my program as a whole by manipulating the UI (assume the components are already tested)
- I test my UI